Monday, July 13, 2015

Review: The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker


The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker was a compelling dystopian novel that really sucked me into its world. The story is about Carrington Hale, who isn’t chosen at her Choosing Ceremony and must go work as a Lint, where she struggles with issues of self-identity and a forbidden romance while a serial murderer stalks nearby. The story is complex and emotional, with a really, really creepy bad guy- maybe the creepiest I have ever read (did I mention that he was creepy?). I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who wants to explore a new world, enjoy a good story, and/or get really creeped out. And the ending definitely opens it up to a sequel…  I received this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Jes Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment