Sunday, March 8, 2015

Review: The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen

.
 
The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen was such a yummy book to dive into.  If you like gothic romances this one delivers with bumps in the night, strange and estranged relatives, young innocents, mystery, murder, intrigue, and plenty of secrets.  Throw in a romantic thread and you have a story that kept me up long past my bedtime.  Abigail Foster and her family are facing financial ruin and so they, being distant relatives of the Pembrooke estate have been asked to occupy it and care for its upkeep.  Ready to abandon the city, Abigail, nursing a broken heart and her father travel to the property and begin making it habitable ahead of her mother and sister’s arrival.  However, things are not so simple, and the home and the entire town are shrouded in secrets long kept for 18 years.  Along with rumors of a secret treasure room somewhere on the estate, Abigail becomes very much a part of the story of this home.  I have not read a book by Julie Klassen I have disliked and this one goes on the keeper shelf.  I received my copy from The Book Club Network, Inc. for an honest review and the opinions stated are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment