Sunday, March 22, 2015

Review: Evergreen by Susan May Warren

Evergreen by Susan May Warren was a poignant yet also a heart breaking and heartwarming read.  Ingrid and John of the Christiansen family are finding themselves as empty nesters for the first time and most of their children are not coming home for the holidays.  While John plans a surprise romantic trip for Ingrid, Ingrid is not dealing with her empty home well.  When past feelings long buried begin to resurface, Ingrid and John need to take a step back from their lives and really look at and begin anew with the spouse they married, especially in this new season of life.  Enter their 16 year old nephew who needs them as guardians and their older sick dog, and you have some bittersweet holidays in the making.  I have always enjoyed reading Susan May Warren books.  This one I was pretty much crying through most of the book as I do not look forward to my children leaving the nest.  This book for the most part has a happy ending, though we went through much with the characters to get there.  I do look forward to reading more of the Christiansen family novels which are about Ingrid and John’s six kids.  I received this book from The Book Club Network, Inc. for an honest review and the opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment