Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Review: A Christmas Gift by Kathy Macias



By the looks of the cover on A Christmas Gift, I thought that I was going to get a sweet, heartwarming, fuzzy feeling read.  Well, I really should not have judged this book by its cover.  This was a first read for me by Kathy Macias.  While reading this book I felt a lot of emotions: heartbreak, familial love, excitement for new adventure, and fear.  Fear?  Yes, fear.  I was not sure if this book was going to have a happy ending or not, but Kathy Macias’s writing did not disappoint.  I was constantly turning the pages to get to a resolution of this poor heroine.  From the moment I started the book and read the prologue I knew I was in for a roller coaster of a ride.  Not a typical Christmas story but a well told story nonetheless.  I received my review copy from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and as always the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment