Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: Surprised by Love by Julie Lessman



Julie Lessman is one of my favorite authors.  When I pick up one of her books, I know that my heart will be wrung out and stepped on in agony and sympathy with her characters.  This is a story with not one, but two love stories and I enjoyed and hoped for a happy ever ending for both of them.    Our first couple is Meg and Bram (Abraham).  Meg has been away in France for a year and comes back not as the chubby, insecure girl she was, but a woman with confidence in herself and the freedom to make her own decisions.  Bram, who has been like a big brother to her since she was seven, realizes his feelings may have changed for Meg now that she is back home again.   Let’s not forget Devin, the boy who bullied Megan for years who sees her in a different light now and of Amelia the one whom Bram’s parents’ hope for a joining of their two families.   

 My favorite love story was that of Andrew, Logan and Cait, Meg’s widowed mother, which seems to have been going on throughout the series.  I was on pins and needles for their love triangle to reach a satisfying conclusion.  All of her heroes seem worthy to root for at first, but don’t be fooled there are still a few hidden scoundrels and rakes that need to be redeemed.  I hope she writes about those next.   Anyway, I think I may have cheated myself a bit by reading this third book in the series before the first two.  I missed seeing the growth of the family dynamics and relationships and, of course, the first two couples’ love stories.   However, that being said, I enjoyed this newest release by Julie and I enjoy how passionate her characters are about those they love and their God.   I received this book from Revell, and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment