Friday, November 28, 2014

Review: Forever With You by Robin Jones Gunn


First off, I have not read any of the previous series that were about Christy and Todd.  However, that did not hinder my reading enjoyment of Forever With You by Robin Jones Gunn.  I did not feel lost within the story nor was there a lot of back story.  Ms. Gunn seamlessly wrote her story so that even if you had not read any of the previous series, you would certainly find enjoyment in this new series about Christy and Todd in their married years.

This book brought back a lot of memories for me of being just married for only a couple of years, no kids yet, living in an apartment, and trying to make things work financially.  I really felt for Christy and Todd and all the struggles they were facing and that seemed to hit them all at once.  I felt the emotions Christy was experiencing and wanting to tell her to hang in there, it will get better.  It was interesting to read how this young couple really had to just let everything go to find the freedom to move on to the next step in their lives.  If you have been a Christy and Todd fan through the years, or if this is your first Robin Jones Gunn book, either way it will be an enjoyable read.  I received my review copy from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment