Friday, December 28, 2018

Review: Buster's Ears Trip Him Up by Edward T. Welch and Illustrator Joe Hox

To Purchase


About:

Buster was sure he was the fastest bunny in the meadow. But during a race at summer camp, nothing goes as planned and Buster gets tripped up. After his epic fall, his older sister, Ivy, helps him see that failure is an opportunity to grow. As Buster remembers God’s love, he is able to let go of others’ opinions and accept that it is okay to try your best but not always be the best. Edited by Edward T. Welch, Buster’s Ears Trip Him Up: When You Fail ends with a special section that guides parents in teaching children how the gospel of Jesus Christ comforts and sustains us through failure and turns our focus away from ourselves and toward others. Also included is a tear-out page of Back Pocket Bible Verses that will remind children and adults of God’s love and help for those who get tripped up.

My Thoughts:

Continuing in the series of Good News for Little Hearts, Buster’s Ears Trip Him Up takes a look at pride and our failures. It also explains the difference of being the best as to doing our best. As with the other two books, the artwork is creative, lively, and draws children in yet the message of the text is made in the simplest of terms that even has me looking at these life lessons a little differently.


One of the things that really popped out to me was the phrase, ‘practice makes perfect’. How many times have I said that to myself or to my children? My son and I have enjoyed reading this series together and I am happy that even I could come away with a new thought to ponder.

This series is definitely a shelf keeper.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment