Saturday, June 16, 2018

Weekend Briefing by Jes Drew


Weekend Briefing

Welcome back, agents. Today we are celebrating week four of the countdown to Serial Summer- which means only two weeks to go!

To celebrate, The Ninja and Hunter series, Book Two: The Time I Saved a Damsel in Distress is free for Kindle download on Amazon for a limited time!

The Time I Saved a Damsel in Distress:

Free for a limited time!


When Charisa O’Dell goes to Washington D.C. on a field trip, she is reunited with her old crime fighting partner and is hired by a senator to rescue his kidnapped daughter. The kidnappers are professionals, and Charisa herself is a little out of practice (a lazy week can do that to you); however, Charisa knows what it’s like to be kidnapped, so she’s willing to do whatever it takes to rescue the girl. But will it be enough to rescue the damsel in distress?

Now it’s time for an excerpt from our Serial Summer story, Mind of Darkness

Emily:

I take another shaky step before realizing Christopher’s not walking with me. I glance back to where he’s standing, frowning down at me. “Are you okay, Emms?”

“Or course I am. Never been better. Just glad it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was.” I reach for him and he steps up beside me and takes my arm like the gallant knight he is.

Squeezing him more tightly than I normally do, I lean into him as much as I dare.

But soon the Cure will heal him completely. And soon I’ll be the Emily I should be, one he’ll have been proud to be hobbled for. Not that he’ll be hobbled for much longer…

“Emily?”

I blink and look up at his concerned expression. “Hmm?”

“We’re here. And I’m not so sure you’re all right.”

“Of course I am.” I find myself touching his face, which only seems to confuse him more. But why should it? He’s my boyfriend and practically my fiancĂ©. So maybe I’m shy.

But it’s time I be the Emily I’m meant to be.

Grabbing his shoulders, I push myself up and press my lips to his.

He kisses back, one hand looping around my waist either to support me or him. Then his other hand reaches for my shoulders and pushes me away.

I blink. “What-?”

“Emily, this isn’t right.”

“Why not?”

“Because… we’re not married.”

“It’s just a kiss.”

He shakes his head. “And a kiss has never become more than that. We’re not married.”

I blink. “Or maybe you’re just too scared.”

Christopher steps back, startled. Cowardice was never something either of us saw him being accused of.

“I-” I shake my head. “I’m sorry. Right, but sorry.”

“Emily, I don’t think you’re okay. Was it your therapist-”

“He’s not my therapist because I don’t need a therapist!” I blink, startled at my raised voice.

Several people glance at us, but I don’t even blush. Maybe there is something wrong with me.
Or maybe I’m finally overcoming my insecurities to be the Emily I’m meant to be.


Mind of Darkness:



Emily Rogers is ready for a summer that doesn’t involve being cast away on islands or being chased around the globe. So when she’s invited to an elite pre-college class along with her boyfriend, she jumps at the chance. But things are not all they seem at the Yin Program. Students are disappearing, and someone seems to be toying with their minds…

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, Charsia O’Dell is anticipating a summer of romance and adventure with her crime-fighting partner. But she never expects that they’ll be kidnapped and taken to an underground bunker to be guinea pigs to a mad scientist named Jin Yin. Most shocking of all, she learns that they are not the only super humans in the world…

Somehow, Emily and Charisa have to break out of the prisons imposed upon them to decipher the conspiracy before their minds are enslaved by the darkness within…

Coming to Watt Pad June 2

Join us next week, agents, to celebrate week five of the countdown to Serial Summer and a sneak peak from Charisa’s point of view. Until then, don’t do anything that might get you brain-wiped. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment