Monday, June 25, 2018

Weekday Briefing by Jes Drew

Weekday Briefing

Welcome back, agents! We are now exactly one week away from releasing the first chapter of The Dystopian Takeover Book One: Mind of Darkenss on Watt Pad! As usual, we're doing a few things to celebrate.

First off, the final installment of The Ninja and Hunter series: The Time I Saved the World is available on kindle through Thursday. 

Free for a limited time!

Charisa O’Dell has enough on her plate trying to live a normal life despite her superpowers. But when a mysterious menace acquires superpowers of his own, she fights back. However, even with Hunter and her dad by her side, she is sorely outnumbered. And Hunter just complicates things more…

When the menace sets his sights on the world, they face a global apocalypse with only one hope. A hope that could destroy that which Charisa holds most dear. As she faces coming of age, a countdown, and a choice, she knows very well that she might not survive an attempt to stop the menace. And even if she does sacrifice everything, will it be enough to save the world?

Secondly, we have an excerpt from a Charisa POV!

“I super don’t like you right now,” I mutter as I grasp the bars of our jail cell.

“They can’t keep us in here and they know it,” Hunter answers, pacing leisurely behind me.

I continue staring straight ahead. “We’ve been crime-fighting almost two years, and this has never happened. People know we’re the good guys!”

“It’s just some new guys trying to show who’s boss around here. In the lamest way possible.”

Clinging the bars, I begin to shake them. “But it’s not right!”

“Would it make you feel better if I bent the bars back for you?”

“No. We must obey the law.”

“I could pick it.”

Frowning, I glance back at him.

“Chrissie.”

My back goes rigid and I turn to find none other than my cop standing on the other side of the bars, his arms crossed and a scowl twisting his dark beard.

I sigh and lean my head on the bars. “Hi, Dad.”


Join us Saturday, agents, for the prologue of Mind of Darkness and one last surprise before the unveiling! Until then, try not to do anything that might get you brain-wiped. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment