Saturday, August 13, 2016

Review: Rise & Shine by Sandra D. Bricker



Rise & Shine






Rise and Shine by Sandra D. Bricker is a relatively true-to-the-original-story retelling of Sleeping Beauty, even if it does take place in contemporary times.  We have the sleeping beauty Shannon Ridgeway who has been in a coma since she was in a diving accident on her honey moon (though, the back of the book says it was a car accident that put her in the coma which kind of threw me for a loop).  She awakes ten years later with the help of Dr. Daniel Petros to find that she’s slept away ten years of her life, her husband is dead, and the world has moved on without her.  Shannon sets out to rediscover who she is in this strange world, but she’s not alone.  She has the help of her three lovable aunts, her best friend from grade school, and the handsome Dr. Petros to help her get her feet underneath her.  But even with all their combined efforts will she be able to find her happily ever after especially with her deceased husband’s sister, Millicent, bent on making her life miserable?

On a whole this book was a sweet, cute fairy tale retelling, though I did find it to be a little depressing at times.  As I read I kept wondering what I would do if I were in Shannon’s place and lost the things that she did, which really made me feel for her.  I received a copy for an honest review from Moody Publishers and the opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment