Monday, June 27, 2016

Review: I'm Not Afraid by Lee Ann Mancini Illustrated by Dan Sharp


I’m Not Afraid is another fun, colorful installment in the Adventure of the Sea Kids series of books. This story finds us with two friends starting their very fun day at the Undersea Amusement Park and planning their various activities.  Rachel is the octopus and Susie is the shark who is actually very afraid of some of the rides in the park.  As the day goes by, Susie keeps making up excuses not to ride the rides she’s fearful of yet telling Rachel that she is not afraid because she is a shark.  However, Rachel grows tired of her excuses and wants to ride the scarier rides.  Susie realizing she is not being fair to her friend calls her mom and asks for prayer.  After that will Susie finally ride the big new rollercoaster with Rachel?

Filled with bright, colorful pictures and the setting taking place in an amusement park, this was a fun read for my 6 year old little boy.  He has already asked for the others in this series for Christmas.

My thanks go to The Book Club Network, Inc. for providing me with a copy for an honest review.  The opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment