Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Review: Dawn at Emberwilde by Sarah E. Ladd


Dawn at Emberwilde was a delightful regency romance with a touch of gothic and mystery thrown in for good measure.  This is the first book I have read by author Sarah E. Ladd and I do believe that I have been missing out.  Isabel Creston has been orphaned and left at the Fellsworth School teaching other students and hoping to be a governess one day.  She also has the added responsibility of caring for her 8 year old half-sister Lizzie.  Then one day her world is turned upside down as she soon discovers that she has family who has been looking for her for years.  She and Lizzie travel to the Emberwilde estate to now begin a new chapter in their lives.

Cautiously optimistic and unsure, Isabel meets her long lost Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin.  But all is not as it seems, and there is definitely something secretive going on.  Her Aunt, at first taken aback by the addition of her little sister, has decided to make both into ladies that they should be and the ultimate gain would be a marriage proposal.  Enter two mysterious suitors that both seem to be hiding something or other that makes poor Isabel unsure she made the right decision in coming to live with her relatives.

I really enjoyed this book and like Isabel, was unsure of whom to trust and what was really going on.  Like her the Emberwilde forest drew me in as it was intriguing and mysterious and I would also want to know my family secrets, especially those pertaining to my late mother.  This book keeps you on your toes by all the twists and turns it takes and a hint of creepiness in the surrounding forest.


My thanks go to Litfuse Publicity and TNZ Fiction Guild for providing me with a copy for a review.  All opinions are my own honest ones.




No comments:

Post a Comment