Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Review: What a Bragger! by Lee Ann Mancini and Illustrated by Dan Sharp


What a Bragger! is a colorful, fun story book for kids that touches on real issues and teaches worthwhile lessons.  This story is part of a series of books called Adventures of the Sea Kids that tells stories to children using sea creatures.  The illustrations were very colorful and vibrant and kept my six year old engaged.  He really enjoyed going back and finding the hidden symbol of the fish on the pages.  I really liked the story and how well told it was.  This simple yet powerful message was shown by a little fish named Corey who was tired of his classmate Melissa always bragging about herself.  He takes his problem to his parents who help him deal with the situation and when Corey finds out the truth about Melissa, he decides to take the way of kindness and love.  I thought the story with the illustrations added up to an important yet whimsical tale.  My favorite character was the teacher Miss Mermaid, whom I found adorable.  I received a copy for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.  My son and I look forward to more of the Adventures of the Sea Kids stories.


Reviewed by Boos Mum with the help of Boo Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment