Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review: Hannah's Choice by Jan Drexler


Hannah’s Choice by Jan Drexler was a very complex read.  Taking place during 1842, this story deals with some tough issues.  This is a romance that is centered on Hannah and the choice not only between the two men who both wish to marry her, but also the choice she has to deal with concerning her family.  I really felt for this family and all that they suffered and endured.  How do they stay strong when death and depression seems to surround them?  I understood the parent’s plight in wanting to protect their children as humanly as possible.  I also learned a little about the Amish culture and the reasons for why they live the way they do and that they were even set apart back in the 1800’s.  There is a strong family bond in this story and a strong connection to their home and land.  Filled with family drama and the ups and downs of young love, I was not sure what any of Hannah’s choices would be through a lot of the story and I was not prepared for some of the sadness in this story.  However, this is a book that will stay with me for a long time.  I received a copy for an honest review from Revell Publishing and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment