Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Review: A Splash of Substance by Elizabeth Maddrey

A Splash of Substance

A Splash of Substance is my first read by author Elizabeth Maddrey and she told a very interesting tale.  Interwoven with civic duty and living a sustainable lifestyle was a love story of two young adults who are looking to live the best that they can.  And though neither expects to make a huge impact, what changes they can make for the better in their personal lives they hope will be a benefit to others.  I really liked Paige Jackson and Jackson Trent (clever concerning the names) and really rooted for them through the whole book.  We do get both sides of their story making their whole romance well rounded.  Jackson was my favorite, and though I liked Paige, she was a bit of an icy character and very, very stubborn.  Jackson had his work cut out for him.   Not only did I learn some lessons about living with the goal of sustainability but Ms. Maddrey gives us a peak into the behind the scenes workings of a political candidate and her campaign.  All in all, this story was well done and very interesting.  I received a copy of this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.

Stay tuned as this is just the first in her series Taste of Romance and I will be reviewing the next two soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment