Saturday, November 14, 2015

Review: A Reason to Stay by Kellie Coates Gilbert


I have really been enjoying Kellie Coates Gilbert’s Texas Gold series of books and A Reason to Stay is my favorite right now.  This was such a beautiful yet terrifying story.  Beautiful due to love: a husband’s, a family’s, a sister’s, and the heart of a mother.  Terrifying because of man’s inhumanity to man.  First and foremost this novel is a book about marriage.  How sometimes it is really hard to let go and compromise instead of just seeing a lawyer and seemingly taking the easy way out.  Marriage is worth sticking together.  There were faults on both sides of this couple’s lives just as there always is.  Faith was maybe to career oriented and Geary didn’t set up boundaries with his family.   I was cheering for this couple all the way through and wanted them to stick together and when tragedy struck them, well I cheered for them all the more.  This was a poignant story of family, marriage, regrets, forgiveness, and second chances all for the sake of love, true love.  I received a copy for an honest review from Revell Publishing and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment