Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Review: Together With You by Victoria Bylin


Together With You by Victoria Bylin is such a beautiful and well told story.  First off I think the cover is stunning and one of my favorites.  Second the author wrote about a birth defect called Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder in a very educational and emotional way, especially when a small part of the story was told through Penny’s eyes (the little girl who has that birth defect in the story).  I thank the author for the notes at the back on how she personally came across a child with the disorder. The love story was between the nanny and her boss and I felt the romance was done well and showed how and why each struggled with their feelings.  There were a few unexpected twists that took place that shocked me and had me riveted to this book.  I especially enjoyed how this book was not preachy, yet it did have the Gospel message and it was told in a very relevant way.  And yes, it can be that simple and profound.  I highly recommend this one and I look forward to more of Ms. Bylin’s stories.  I received this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TCBN) and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment