Saturday, February 28, 2015

Review: The Trouble with Patience by Maggie Brendan


The Trouble with Patience is Maggie Brendan’s latest romance story that takes place in the old west.  During 1866 in Nevada City in the Montana Territory we meet Patience Cavanaugh who owns the boarding house and Jedediah Jones the town marshal.  At first meeting, sparks fly between the both of them.  As they begin to work together to make their town a home for all living there a mixture of feelings starts to develop between the both of them.  With several secondary characters, cattle thieves making life problematic, and a mystery to solve, Patience and Jedediah’s love story doesn’t seem to have a chance to bloom.  Then life gets even more interesting for the both of them when Patience finds out about Jedediah’s past.  I enjoyed this trip back in time to a booming mine town and of the time of vigilantes.   The cover really grabbed my attention as Patience is looking back and her town is in the foreground, as if she’s saying she has a story I really want to hear.   This is the first in a new series titled Virtues and Vices of the Old West which I look forward to continue reading.  I received my copy for an honest review from Revell and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment