Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Review: Unscripted by Davis Bunn

To Purchase
About:

A Hollywood producer reeling from his best friend's betrayal and an LA lawyer who has sacrificed everything for her career are drawn together to untangle a web of lies and deceit that threatens their future.


My Thoughts:

I was not sure what to expect going into this novel, but I was pleasantly surprised and very much enjoyed this story. Getting a peak at the goings on behind the scenes of Hollywood was like looking into another world. There is much involved and a lot of work to try to pull off that movie magic. 

Danny Byrd is a character who has been betrayed and falsely accused. That is where the story begins. As we go through the story we get to know him and his character and why he was in a lot of demand in Hollywood as a line producer.

Megan Pierce is a lawyer that is tired of the favoritism and schemes of her LA law firm. Megan explains some of the shenanigans her bosses and coworkers did and what she described was ruthless. Megan is looking for a new start and becomes the lawyer for Danny Byrd.

There is quite a bit to this story, even a little bit of a mystery as the characters and the reader are left in the dark on some of the plot points. At times I was confused and wondered if I missed anything as I reread a section, but I just think that was how the story was written. The chapters are relatively short and that kept the story moving at a fast clip.

As a movie goer and a TV show watcher, I guess I never put too much thought on how all the movie "magic" happens. There is a lot of work and a whole lot of people that need to work together to produce a good movie and I liked getting a behind the scenes look at that.

I received a copy of this novel from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment