Sunday, May 7, 2017

Review: The Mail-Order Bride Carries a Gun by Wanda Ann Thomas

Purchase
My Thoughts:


What a title for this short, quick novel that drew me in from the very first page.  This was the first novel I have ever read by author Wanda Ann Thomas and I plan to definitely read more.  This is a story about a mail order bride who travels out west to meet her future husband.  But the clincher here is that she plans to kill him for his part in hurting her family during the Civil War.  What she does not plan on is him and his family of brothers from all walks of life that have adopted each other and look out for each other, giving troubled boys a good chance of life just like his parents did for him and his brothers. 

This was a quick read for me and not a very long novel but it certainly packed in a great story.  This story does not shy away from the intimacy of a married a couple nor does it show and tell anything gratuitously.  This is the first in the series about this group of “brother” ranchers and I am looking forward to following the series and I am hoping each brother gets his story told.


I purchased the copy for my own reading pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment