Saturday, April 11, 2015

Review: Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon


Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon was a phenomenal read.  We have two individuals, Lisa Grant (former Chicago homicide detective) and ex-Navy Seal Mac McGregor, who move to a small town to start fresh and for a quieter life from their previous roles.  They meet for the first time at an unmarked grave that was recently uncovered due to new construction.  Lisa and Mac work tirelessly together to first identify this individual who was buried hastily some years ago, find out what really happened, and to bring to justice any murderers.  So, their investigation unearths a secret that a trio of acquaintances have been trying to keep unknown for many years.  What is interesting is we meet the three responsible for this girl’s demise and actually get into a couple of their heads.   What happens then nobody can guess.  One of the three has worked their entire life to get where they are and they will not let Lisa and Mac’s tenacity to uncover the truth stop them from doing even the unthinkable. 

This was really a great thriller that was at times very creepy and chilling and kept me on pins and needles till the very last page.  This is my first read by Irene Hannon and I really liked how she spun her story and that we even got to see the villain’s point of view.  I also wanted to point out the cover.  Most times I am drawn to the story with a great cover.  This cover just had a great feel to it as the dirt is a bit raised.  I appreciate the extra thought that went into that.  I received my copy for review from Revell and the opinions are my honest ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment