Sunday, June 23, 2019

Review: A Reluctant Belle by Beth White

To Purchase
About:


With the Civil War over, Mississippi Belle Joelle Daughtry wants to establish a school to teach freed slaves. But she might have to form an alliance with her childhood nemesis and reveal her deepest secret to make changes in her world—and her heart.

My Thoughts:


From book one I have been rooting for Joelle, the second sister, and her childhood friend/enemy Schuyler. When we get to see what happened all those years ago, something Joelle made sure they never mentioned you get quite a taste of why their relationship is where it is at. The push and pull of their chemistry and animosity with each other was amusing to watch as they battled with their words. 

Not only do we have this romance, but Schuyler has had a devastating blow and now he may be in danger. In the meantime, Joelle has her own secret agendas that she must keep secret not only so she does not bring bad press to her family’s new hotel but it most likely could put her in danger as well. Both of them are very stubborn, think their way is right, and all the while I am thinking just kiss her already. 

This is another enjoyable book by author White. Her stories tend to stick with me and have me thinking about them long after I have closed the book. I am looking forward to book three.

I received a copy of this novel from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment