Friday, March 22, 2019

Review: Courting Mr. Emerson by Melody Carlson

To Purchase
About:

George Emerson doesn't want his predictable life to change, but free-spirited ex-hippie Willow West has other plans for him. They may soon discover that no one is too old to change their lives--or find love.

My Thoughts:

Courting Mr. Emerson was a delightful read about two fifty-somethings finding a love match. And I do believe it is my favorite Melody Carlson novel to date.

Mr. Emerson is retiring from his school teaching position. Not by choice, but because that is what is best for the school. He thrives on schedules and routines and is quite lost as to what he should do with himself now. He is a confirmed bachelor, set stubbornly in his ways, and deals with OCD. Some would think he was an odd duck, but I understood him. He also surprises himself with some of his other gifts.

Willow West is a widow who has been raising her grandson who is graduating now and one student that Mr. Emerson thinks shows progress. Willow is an artsy and lighthearted character who brings quite a refreshing change to Mr. Emerson’s life. Willow the art gallery owner has gotten under his skin and Mr. Emerson is not sure how he feels about it.

I enjoyed this sweet story that was a refreshing read with an old fashion love story.

I received a copy of this novel from the publishers. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment