Sunday, October 22, 2017

Review: An Inconvenient Beauty by Kristi Ann Hunter

About:


The Duke of Riverton has chosen his future wife with the same logic he uses to make every decision. However, his perfect bride eludes his suit, while the beautiful Isabella Breckenridge seems to be everywhere. When the time comes, will Griffith and Isabella be able to set aside their pride and initial notions to embrace their very own happily-ever-after?

My Thoughts:

An Inconvenient Beauty by Kristi Ann Hunter was quite an engaging, romantic read. I’ve enjoyed the first two books in Hawthorne House, and so was greatly anticipating Griffith’s story and his happily ever after.

Griffith was such an amusing character. Not personality wise, but in the fact that he was always trying to keep himself out of embarrassing and otherwise uncomfortable situations. His best efforts rarely paid off and more often than not, due to them, he found himself in more troublesome situations than he would have been in in the first place. All he wants is to find a suitable wife who he can live comfortably with so he can start a family. How hard could that really be?

I felt bad for Griffith. He was doomed from the start, surrounded by all those meddlesome women in his life, and their husbands who all thought they knew what was best for him. They were right, of course, but still…

I liked Isabella despite the fact that she was stunningly beautiful. She was so real and down to earth, and relatable.  I felt for her and her dilemma, and just wanted her to be happy.

On a whole I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Kristi Ann Hunter is one of my favorite historical authors and I look forward to more books by her.

I received a copy of this book for free. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment