Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Review: Rescue Me by Susan May Warren

Purchase
About:


Deputy Sam Brooks is committed to keeping the town of Mercy Falls safe. But when a deadly storm strikes, Sam must abandon all his safety rules to rescue the woman he's falling in love with.

My Review:


Rescue Me by Susan May Warren is in my humble opinion her best book yet.  To be fair, I have not read all of her books, but I have read many and this book just really captured me to the point that I am still thinking about it and it will not be a story I will soon forget.  This story is the second in the Montana Rescue series and picks up where the first one left off.  One of the things I really like about this series is that for the most part the stories wrap up, but just at the very end the author throws out a trail of crumbs and I anxiously await the next in the series.

This story focuses on Sam and Pete Brooks who are two brothers still reeling from a family tragedy that happened years ago, and this tragedy has altered their relationship.  Not only with each other, but also with the women they love.  Sam is the responsible one and Pete is reckless.  Enter the ladies and these two must rescue their happily ever after’s.

We really get to know more about Willow and see how she works, her very positive outlook on life and agonize with her as she tries to keep her feelings for Sam hidden since her sister Sierra and him appear to be perfect for each other.  Jess also comes into the limelight in this story and we get a little more background information on her and there is much more to her then first appears.

This story had me on the edge of my seat from the first page with grizzly attacks, snowstorms, and watching this team fight nature tooth and nail to save those they love.  I really enjoyed the first in this series but this book really ramped up the danger and action.  Sam and Willow’s romance was just so beautiful to watch unfold and the rocky road they had to travel to get there was worth the late nights I stayed up reading.  What I think touched me the most was the symbolism of the title, Rescue Me, and after reading the author’s heartfelt notes, I can really see how much her heart and soul was in this story. 


I received a copy of this book for free. I was not required to give a positive review and the views and opinions expressed are my own.   This is one story I will be rereading a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment