Monday, September 28, 2015

Review: Last Chance Hero by Cathleen Armstrong


I enjoyed going back for a visit to Last Chance, New Mexico in Cathleen Armstrong’s latest, Last Chance Hero.  Getting to see and get caught up with the lives of previous characters was like coming home for a visit and I do think this is my favorite of the series.   We have two lives intersecting once again in Last Chance- the first being a home grown NFL football hero coming back to coach the high school team- and the second being a brand new doctor who has plans on opening her practice right on Main Street.   Andy Ryan is welcomed back with open arms but with high expectations of producing a winning team.  Dr. Jessica MacLeod is welcomed to Last Chance, but everyone is already set in their ways and not too interested in changing doctors.  Both have an uphill battle.  There is a thread of romance that does not overwhelm the story at all, and was very enjoyable to see unfold.   I wish we could have had more of Jess and Andy and their romance however, this book, heartfelt and poignant, did end on a very sweet note.  I hope this is not the last of Last Chance.   I look forward to more of Ms. Armstrong’s stories.  I received a copy for an honest review from Revell Publishing and as always the opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment