Monday, August 31, 2015

Review: Until the Harvest by Sarah Loudin Thomas


Until the Harvest is the continuing story to Sarah Loudin Thomas’s first book Miracle in a Dry Season.  You do not need to read the first to enjoy this companion novel however I was glad I did as I had a much deeper connection with the town and the Phillip’s family.  Starting off with a bit of a shocker, I was not sure how this story could redeem itself.  But in Ms. Thomas’s very capable hands I was able to close the book at the very last page with a deep sigh of satisfaction.  This story deals with grief and the consequences of our actions especially when we did not make the right choices.  It is a coming of age story, and I must point out that the two matriarchs, Perla and Emily Phillip’s, handled some of the situations in this book in a fantastic loving manner.  This is not an instant love story, but shows the growth and maturing of the characters.  I also really liked the definition of family, especially when yours has written you off.  Just like the first, this one has a touch of supernatural which was very interesting to watch and the explanation for it was pure and simple.  I received this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment