Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: The Illusion of More by Harris III

 
 

How many of us truly are content with what we have?  How many times have we said, “If only I had more of this, or more of that then I would be truly happy.”  In this short but powerful book, Harris III shows us just how Satan uses the illusion of more to trick us and blind us and ultimately bind us.  Starting with Adam and Eve who had everything and being made in the image of God were already like God, began to believe the great deceiver that what they had was not enough.  Harris goes on to explain how Satan is a master of tricks even in the heavenly realm getting a third of the angels to fall with him.  Using Bible stories and scripture, he points out the tricks that were used to deceive and those who withstood deception and why. And ultimately the provision of what Jesus has done and what He became for us.  At the end of each chapter are questions for you to ask yourself.  I think this would make a great personal devotion or to use as a family devotion.  He gave me a lot to think on and in some ways a new way to see a Bible truth.  I think the cover sums up the book nicely.  The side of the apple we are looking at looks so shiny and good, when in all reality it is nothing but rotted and will make us very sick.  The author is an illusionist and has a DVD movie out that I plan on looking into.  I received this book from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment